Glitch in Modern Warfare 2?
I’ve been playing through the single player campaign of Modern Warfare 2, but I seem to have encountered a glitch. It’s not preventing me from progressing through the game, but it is hampering my enjoyment of it, so I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of thing happen, or if you could offer any solutions.
Every time when I get up to Act 1, Mission 4, the game appears to load fine at first, but then when I encounter the first enemies, I discover that nearly all of them have been rendered without weapons. They aren’t even programmed to melee attack either. There are a small number of badies with guns, but it’s not until towards the end of the mission that most of them have weapons.
It seems that this glitch is apparent in the PS3 and 360 version. I’ve tried playing it without the game installed, and with it installed, and I have cleared my consoles cache.
If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this, or has heard anything about a patch, please let me know.
Update: Reader StuAA encountered the same glitch, he says:
“Last I heard, Keith Vaz was putting pressure on IW to get it patched ASAP. Also doesn’t it have a level skip option before that bit? I expect they’ve left it in from the debug versions. Sloppy work, IW.”
Any other theories?
I have heard back from Activision support, and they aren’t exactly sure what the problem is:
See the official response here if you like, you’ll need to sign up for an account.
I’m going to have to probe further.
11 Comments › Leave yours
- CoD6 Luchthaven (controversie) *mogelijke spoiler* - Pagina 3 - 9lives - [...] Glitch in Modern Warfare 2? | EdgyGamer __________________ Service Guarantees [...]
- Activision unaware of Modern Warfare 2 glitch (and jokes) | Video Gamer Now-The Ultimate Gaming and Entertainment Site - [...] know how to make vast sums of money, but it doesn't seem to know when someone's yanking its chain. …
- Activision unaware of Modern Warfare 2 glitch (and jokes)| Latest breaking News on Video Games Hardware and Software.| BadPower.com Blog - [...] make vast sums of money, but it doesn’t seem to know when someone’s yanking its chain. Savy Gamer wrote …
- Activision Knocked Down a Peg or Two - Negative Gamer - [...] Edgy Gamer, in a humorous Activision-baiting prank, wrote a support email to the software giants complaining of a “glitch …
- Savy Gamer finds glitch in MW2 – Unarmed enemies | LazyGamer .:: Console and PC Gaming News ::. - [...] Source: SavyGamer [...]
- Activision unaware of Modern Warfare 2 glitch (and jokes) | Techorade.com - [...] make vast sums of money, but it doesn’t seem to know when someone’s yanking its chain. Edgy Gamer wrote …
- CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Page 9 - FreddysHouse - [...] Glitch in Modern Warfare 2? | EdgyGamer [...]
- Half Billion In Sales Won’t Save The Fails: Inspiring New Video Game Has Better Action, Less Glitches Than Modern Warfare 2 | ChristWire - [...] serves no purpose. Others point out the numerous technical glitches, including sections where the designers forgot to give the …